A large variety of Ring Joint RTJ is produced and supplied by Carrara.
The Ring Joint RTJ Gasket, which come mainly in two basic types oval and octagonal cross section (RTJ OV and RTJ OCT), is available in the types R, RX, BX, SBX, SRX, IX Norsok and it’s manufactured in accordance to the International Specifications. Of course are available Ring Joint RTJ on demand, with customized shape and dimensions.
About the Ring Joint Gasket do not forget some important highlights:
1) The octagonal RTJ has a higher sealing efficiency than the oval RTJ
2) Only the oval shape can be used in the old type round bottom groove
3) The groove’s sealing surfaces must be smoothly finished to Ra 1,6 micro meter
4) The hardness of the Ring Joint Gasket should always be less than the hardness of the flanges
5) The hardness of the Ring Joint Gasket depends on the material and on the heat treatment
Carrara stocks a wide range of sizes and materials ready for immediate shipment in any size, styles and materials. Visit our stocklist gasket page.The Ring Joints Planisteel RJ gaskets are available in all stainless steels and in all alloy.
The Ring Joints Planisteel RJ gaskets are available in all stainless steels and in all alloy.
Types R, RX and BX in accordance to ASME B16.20 and API 6A
Type IX in accordance to Norsok Standard
Type SRX and SBX for Subsea application
Gasket for RTJ flange